Hey guys, as you know i'm cosplaying the kick ass characters from the most epic World of Warcraft game. I have started by cosplaying the mighty Arthas (DK mode), which brought me big success and the first place in my very first cosplay contest.
I have been asked for dozen of advises and a lot of friendly supporting feedbacks. Next i've did Sylvanas Windrunner. Both of those epic characters are coming from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion (my favorite one). I have decided not to stop on this expansion and finish the cosplay series by crafting Jaina Proudmoore.
I have decided to make a clear plan of what i'm going to use and how i will build the next costume. This will help me not to screw up and organize the steps. I will choose the products and follow the plan, that you might be interested in.
As you know i'm using cheap materials. I try to make the costume look good, spending less cash on it.
Lets start from hair. I don't want to buy the cheap crappy wig, that will ruin the whole look of the costume. I'm going to use this one, its fluffy and nice. The quality is good and it wont tear apart from the first wear. I had a pretty bad experience before with choosing the wigs. This one will be perfect for me.
Jaina is blond, but her hair is not fully blond, so i will have to repaint a bit, using this
This paint won't damage my wig and i will get a good silver look, i have to get this as a final result. I'm not sure yet should i purchase the silver, or darker blond yet. I can change my mind about the color anytime :D
I can buy the ready Jaina's wig, but i won't risk of getting crap, so i better get the good wig and change its color, as i want to. It is always good to get the good quality, and change it as you want it, it will look pretty unique + its fun to redecorate the stuff :)
Talking about blond wig. Jaina has a light color of the skin, my color is larger and i will look stupid in blond wig, so i will you the Pains, i have listed above to color my brows. I can easily remove the paint later. Nice silver brows.
I need to work a lot with the skin color and makeup, to fit her skin pallet. I will use this products to make my skin look lighter:
If you still don't have the brush set, i highly recommend this perfect kit. I bought once the pack of cheap ones from ebay and the brush heads were falling out all the time. Than i've got these ones and i fell in love with them. Pretty good quality and nothing is tearing apart.
Those are the budget version, you can find the bigger set. Or you can make a huge economy by purchasing the Theatrical Kit. With this kit you can easily contour your face and make it look lighter. Or you can purchase small kits, light colors.
I am thinking about using the Airbrush, never used it before, but i bet covering the body will be a lot easier than a sponge. I could use this Palette, and get rid of the painted skin, using Airbrush Cleansing Fluid.
Looks like i'm done with the plan for hair and skin. I think this part is a lot harder to achieve than crafting the costume itself. Those product will help me to achieve the light olive skin of Jaina and nice silver/blonde hair. Will get some blue contact here in a local shop.
It might be too much for the pocket, according to my economy plan, but those products will be useful for a lot more characters in future.
I will go to the next stage later, as i've just started to figure out what i need to ship and buy online. The other materials i can easily find here and share the prices and photos of everything i'm going to use.
Thanx for attention, hope this was helpful!


No comments:
Post a Comment